The students record, post and share periodic audio updates about their project progression, perceived challenges, changes to the design brief and future plans. The students slowly build a database of learning strategies that is shared with the entire class. The audio recordings and the design brief can be used as a media to prompt reflection, and objects that should be more closely refined after each reflection. Classroom time: at least 15 minutes after each design phase
1. Getting started
- Decide on the reflection service and set it up.
- Explain that each phase of the learning process ends with 15 minutes where each team summarizes their work so far into a 60 second recording. Explain the benefits and reasons for reflection.
- Emphasize that the reflections are also valuable for the teams so they can update their blogs and later relisten what they’ve done earlier in the process.
- Teams reflect on the following and record it
- What did you do?
- What do you plan to do?
- What challenges did you have?
- Did you overcome the challenges? How?
- What challenges can you foresee?
TIP: A steep learning curve might need to be conquered before the activity goes smoothly. Be prepared for possible initial feelings of frustration or awkward moments when first recording reflections. Be assured, after recording reflections a few times, you will begin to recognize the value of your investment.
This post is also available in: Turkish