>> Next Focus Groups are suggested to happen between 15:00 and 19:00 (CET) on either 22nd, 23rd, 25th May, 2012.
In iTEC, Focus Groups are one of the main participatory activities involved in the design process from scenarios to pre-pilots. Focus Group Sessions are informal 1-1.5 hour long sessions facilitated by a designer, in which early design ideas and prototypes are discussed with 4-5 teachers and students. The teachers and students are asked for their professional opinions and insight. These insights will then be used for the further design of the prototypes.
While in iTEC cycle 1 and 2, Focus Groups were held with teachers and students in offline face-to-face meetings, in cycle 3 we will meet with teachers and students online using Skype, Google+ or Flashmeeting.
If you are curious about participating in a Focus Group session and shaping the development of iTEC prototypes, please
- enter your contact information to the Online Focus Group form
- tell us about your availability by filling in the doodle pole (currently no open poll)
- Scheduled Focus Groups are:
- Thursday, 24.05.2012, 4 PM Finland (3 PM CET, 2 PM U.K.)
- Thursday, 24.05.2012, 7 PM Finland (6 PM CET, 5 PM U.K.)
- Friday, 25.05.2012, 7 PM Finland (6 PM CET, 5 PM U.K.)
Email to anna(d)keune(a)aalto(d)fi is you are interested in participating!
Here are links to the documentation of Focus Group sessions of previous cycles:
Cycle 2 Focus Groups
6 Focus Group sessions, in 3 countries (Austria, Italy and the U.K.) were held with teachers and students in November 2011.
- Ausbildungszentrum St. Josef in Salzburg, Austria
Focus Group 1: 6 female student
Focus Group 2: 3 female teachers (Healthcare, English and Geography), a member of the technical staff, the school principle and a member of the European Network of Innovative Schools (ENIS) Austria
More information: Focus Groups – Austria
- Holmesdale Technology College in Kent, U.K.
Focus Group 3: 4 teachers, 1 representative of Promethean
Focus Group 4: 4 students (2 girls, 2 boys) and 2 teachers
More information: Focus Groups – U.K.
- Liceo Classico Chris Cappell school in Anzio, Italy
Focus Group 5: 5 students (3 boys, 2 girls)
Focus Group 6: 4 female and 1 male teachers (English, Maths, Latin and Greek), Italian National Pedagogical Coordinator
More information: Focus Groups – Italy
Cycle 1 Focus Groups
3 Focus Group sessions, were held with teachers in Finland.
- Helsinki School, 3 teachers
- Oulu Normalinkoulu, 2 teachers
- Viikki Teacher Training School of Helsinki University, 4 teachers
More information: First teacher focus group session with TeamUp prototype